Grilled squid, watercress and orange saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g cleaned small squid tubes
- 2 cups watercress, trimmed
- 3 cups rocketarugulaX
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped or scooped out
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked couscous, to serve
1 Cut squid tubes open. Score inside using a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut right through. Cut each opened tube into 4–5cm pieces.
2 In a large salad bowl combine watercress, rocket, cucumber, orange, cannellini beans and avocado.
3 Spray a grill plate or frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook squid, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.
5 Add cooked squid and dressing to salad bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve with couscous.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free and use gluten-free couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information