Ham tortilla with tomato salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated
- 2 cups (250g) 2cm-cubed roasted vegetables (such as potato, kumarasweet-potatoX, pumpkin, carrot, parsnip)*
- 150g lean ham off the bone, diced*
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup trim milk
- cracked black pepper
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar)
- Heat oven grill to medium-high. In a medium non-stick ovenproof frying pan heat oil over medium. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and courgette and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes until softened. Add roasted veges and ham and stir. Spread mixture evenly around the pan.
- In a large jug, whisk eggs and milk together. Season with pepper. Pour egg mixture over veges. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until base is golden and set.
- Place frying pan under grill, and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until top is set and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine tomatoes, basil and the 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar. Carefully invert tortilla onto a clean board and cut into 8 wedges.
- Divide tortilla wedges among 4 plates and serve with tomato salad, and salad leaves drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Check ham is gluten free.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
A 24cm-base diameter frying pan is ideal.
For a more substantial meal, serve with a slice of fresh wholegrain bread.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us