Herb and spice marinade
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place all ingredients in a blender. Process to make a paste.
2 Place paste in a non-stick frying pan and cook for a few minutes to allow flavours to mix together. Cool then use to marinate meat for at least 1 hour or overnight.
3 Cook meat either in a non-stick pan or on the barbecue. Allow to rest before serving.
Works well with chicken and lamb. Serve marinated meat with salad vegetables.
- Marinade keeps for 2 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Works well with chicken and lamb.
- Use lean cuts of meat.
- Place marinade and meat in a non-metallic dish to marinate.
- To allow flavours to be absorbed into the food, use a sharp knife to make slits in the surface of the meat before marinating.
- Once marinated, keep meat and fish in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Once cooked, leave meat to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to rest so the juices re-absorb into the meat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.