Herb and spice marinadeReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Place all ingredients in a blender. Process to make a paste.
2 Place paste in a non-stick frying pan and cook for a few minutes to allow flavours to mix together. Cool then use to marinate meat for at least 1 hour or overnight.
3 Cook meat either in a non-stick pan or on the barbecue. Allow to rest before serving.
Works well with chicken and lamb. Serve marinated meat with salad vegetables.
- Marinade keeps for 2 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Works well with chicken and lamb.
- Use lean cuts of meat.
- Place marinade and meat in a non-metallic dish to marinate.
- To allow flavours to be absorbed into the food, use a sharp knife to make slits in the surface of the meat before marinating.
- Once marinated, keep meat and fish in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Once cooked, leave meat to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to rest so the juices re-absorb into the meat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information