Herbed chicken with lemon couscous
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup broccoli or broccolini, chopped into small florets
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked
- few pieces sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
1 Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl with the broccoli. Add the lemon zest and juice then pour over boiling water, just enough to cover. Cover with a plate or plastic wrap to trap the steam inside, then set aside for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add to the couscous mixture with the sun-dried tomatoes, cashew nuts, olive oil and basil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix well and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.5g
–Saturated fat 2.2g
Dietary fibre 4.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like