Herby fennel, leek and smoked salmon frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup skim milk
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- pickled red onions, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette 4 slices wholegrain or
- seeded sourdough bread and a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat oil over medium. Cook fennel and leeks, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until softened. Add dill, chives and half of the parsley.
2 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Add to leek mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
3 To serve, top frittata with salmon and scatter with capers, remaining parsley and pickled onion, if using.
4 Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves and bread.
Make it gluten free: Serve with gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.