Hoisin pork and vege stir-fryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g pork loin steaks, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- ½ eggplantaubergineX, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
1 Brush a large wok with half the oil and place over a high heat. Once hot, add half the pork and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Reheat wok, add remaining pork and stir-fry until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2 Place wok over a medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
3 Add capsicum, snow peas, eggplant and celery. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, then cook for 2 more minutes.
4 Combine hoisin sauce and lime juice. Add to wok and toss to combine. Return pork to wok and toss until heated through. Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check hoisin sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information