Hoisin pork and vege stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g pork loin steaks, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- ½ eggplantaubergineX, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Brush a large wok with half the oil and place over a high heat. Once hot, add half the pork and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Reheat wok, add remaining pork and stir-fry until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2 Place wok over a medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
3 Add capsicum, snow peas, eggplant and celery. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, then cook for 2 more minutes.
4 Combine hoisin sauce and lime juice. Add to wok and toss to combine. Return pork to wok and toss until heated through. Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check hoisin sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.