Hoisin pork and vege stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g pork loin steaks, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- ½ eggplantaubergineX, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
1 Brush a large wok with half the oil and place over a high heat. Once hot, add half the pork and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Reheat wok, add remaining pork and stir-fry until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2 Place wok over a medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
3 Add capsicum, snow peas, eggplant and celery. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, then cook for 2 more minutes.
4 Combine hoisin sauce and lime juice. Add to wok and toss to combine. Return pork to wok and toss until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Check hoisin sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us