Indian rice pudding
- 420g can 99% fat-free vanilla-flavoured creamed rice
- ½ x 375ml can light evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ orange, zest
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
1 Pour creamed rice and milk into a saucepan. Add cardamom, cinnamon and orange zest. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
2 Pour into heatproof glass ramekins. Serve warm sprinkled with extra sultanas and pistachios.
Serve as part of this budget Indian dinner party for four... three courses for under $4.50 per person!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
This dessert is delicious hot or cold. To eat cold, leave pudding to cool then transfer to the fridge for a couple of hours.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us