Indian rice pudding
(at time of publication)
- 420g can 99% fat-free vanilla-flavoured creamed rice
- ½ x 375ml can light evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ orange, zest
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
1 Pour creamed rice and milk into a saucepan. Add cardamom, cinnamon and orange zest. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
2 Pour into heatproof glass ramekins. Serve warm sprinkled with extra sultanas and pistachios.
Serve as part of this budget Indian dinner party for four… three courses for under $4.50 per person!
This dessert is delicious hot or cold. To eat cold, leave pudding to cool then transfer to the fridge for a couple of hours.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.