Onion fritters with mango relishReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- Mango relish
- 420g can mango slices, drained, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 medium onions (or 1 large), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
1 To make mango relish, place relish ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
2 To make fritters, place flour, eggs, curry powder, turmeric and yoghurt in a bowl. Season and mix well. Add onion and mix until coated in batter.
3 Heat oil in a large frying pan. Place 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture for each fritter in pan and press down slightly. Once brown, flip over and cook other side. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel and keep warm. Serve with relish.
Serve as part of this budget Indian dinner party for four… three courses for under $4.50 per person!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information