Chickpea and tomato curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 420g can chopped tomatoes*
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped (optional)
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Fry until golden. Add spices and stir for 2 minutes.
2 Add chickpeas. Coat in spices then add tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add ginger and stir well. Serve garnished with coriander (if using).
Serve as part of this budget Indian dinner party for four… three courses for under $4.50 per person!
Make this curry in advance to allow flavours to mingle, then reheat when ready to serve.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us