Indian-style spiced kumara salad
- 700g kumarasweet-potatoX, unpeeled, rinsed, chopped in rough chunks
- 2 tablespoons medium-heat curry powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ x 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained
- 3 cups cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 100g feta cheese, diced or roughly crumbled
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup roasted almonds, lightly ground with mortar and pestle
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Line an ovenproof dish with non-stick paper.
2 In a medium-sized bowl combine kumara, curry powder and oil. Mix well so kumara is covered in oil mixture. Roast in dish for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
3 In a large salad bowl combine remaining ingredients, including warmed kumara and any remaining oils. Mix lightly and serve drizzled with your favourite olive oil if you prefer.
Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Kumara, sweet potato recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.