Lamb and parsley rissoles with beetroot salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 600g lean lamb mince
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt*
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- 450g can whole baby beetrootbeetsX, drained, quartered
- 6 small radishes, scrubbed, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until soft. Sprinkle cumin over. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
2 Use hands to combine onion mixture, mince, egg white and parsley in a large glass bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt and remaining crushed garlic clove and set aside.
4 Heat a clean, large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray patties all over with oil. Place 4 in pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Reheat pan and cook the remaining patties.
5 Arrange rocket, beetroot and radishes on serving plates. Drizzle with yoghurt mixture. Top with patties. Serve with lemon wedges.
HFG tip(Note: Beetroot salad not pictured.)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us