Lamb burgers with kumara fritters and silver beet
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- oil spray
- 2 kumara (800g), grated
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bunch silver beet (180g or 4 cups), stems off, leaves torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 In a large bowl mix mince, garlic, onion, paprika, cumin and fresh herbs together with 1 egg. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Use hands to mix.
2 Shape in 4 equal-sized burger patties.
3 Heat a barbecue with a little oil. Cook burger patties, turning, until cooked through.
4 While burgers are cooking, make fritters. Mix grated kumara, chilli, mint, salt and pepper and remaining 2 eggs together. Use hands to shape fritters and place on a hot barbecue. Cook until browned and cooked through.
5 Spray a pan with a little oil and cook silver beet until softened. Serve burgers on fritters with silver beet and tomatoes on the side. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us