Warm lamb salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g lean lamb, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, zest
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ red onion, cut in fine strips
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut in wedges or 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- oil spray
- light French dressing, to taste
1 Toss lamb strips in cumin and lemon zest. Set aside
2 On 4 plates arrange rocket, cannellini beans, red onion, tomatoes and feta.
3 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil and cook lamb over a high heat. Place strips of lamb on top of plated salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Instead of lamb, use slices of marinated tempeh to top salad for a nutty flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Check cumin is gluten free.
- Instead of using commercial French dressing, try homemade: Mix lemon juice, crushed garlic, a pinch of salt and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us