Warm lamb salad
- 400g lean lamb, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, zest
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ red onion, cut in fine strips
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut in wedges or 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- oil spray
- light French dressing, to taste
1 Toss lamb strips in cumin and lemon zest. Set aside
2 On 4 plates arrange rocket, cannellini beans, red onion, tomatoes and feta.
3 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil and cook lamb over a high heat. Place strips of lamb on top of plated salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Make it vegetarian: Instead of lamb, use slices of marinated tempeh to top salad for a nutty flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Check cumin is gluten free.
- Instead of using commercial French dressing, try homemade: Mix lemon juice, crushed garlic, a pinch of salt and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us