Spicy pork skewers with apple coleslaw
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water
- 600g pork fillets, cut into 2cm-thick pieces
- 2 small red onions, halved, each half cut in 4 wedges
- cooking spray oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons mild curry powder*
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 red delicious apple
- 2 limes, juice
- 450g savoy cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream*
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, cut in wedges, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Thread pork pieces and onion wedges onto skewers. Lightly spray skewers with cooking oil. Place in a glass dish. Sprinkle with curry powder and turn to evenly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
2 To make coleslaw, core apples and cut in matchsticks. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and toss to combine. Add cabbage, celery, coriander, sour cream and garlic. Gently toss to combine. Set aside until required.
3 Heat a chargrill or barbecue grill on medium-high. Add pork skewers and cook for about 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally, or until brown and cooked. Divide coleslaw among serving plates. Top with skewers and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3.6g
Dietary fibre 5.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like