Lamb with tomato, watermelon and feta salad
- 300g lamb leg steaks
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons plain or lemon-infused olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chopped watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 telegraph cucumber, finely sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in chunks
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- cracked black pepper
- fresh mint, to garnish
- In a shallow dish, place lamb steaks and rub over smoked paprika and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Heat a heavy-based pan over high and cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- In a salad bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining oil. Add watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes and avocado, tossing to coat. Add feta and mix gently.
- Slice lamb into narrow strips. To serve, divide salad between 2 plates. Arrange lamb on top, season with pepper and garnish with fresh mint.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $86. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like