Lamb with tomato, watermelon and feta salad
(at time of publication)
- 300g lamb leg steaks
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons plain or lemon-infused olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chopped watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 telegraph cucumber, finely sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in chunks
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- cracked black pepper
- fresh mint, to garnish
- In a shallow dish, place lamb steaks and rub over smoked paprika and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Heat a heavy-based pan over high and cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- In a salad bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining oil. Add watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes and avocado, tossing to coat. Add feta and mix gently.
- Slice lamb into narrow strips. To serve, divide salad between 2 plates. Arrange lamb on top, season with pepper and garnish with fresh mint.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $86. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.