Lazy vegetarian lasagne
(at time of publication)
- cooking spray oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 300g fresh lasagne sheets (about 6-7 sheets)
- 1 large courgette, grated or 2 cups cooked spinach, water squeezed out, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups reduced-fat fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 24x24x6cm baking dish with oil. Set aside. Spray a frying pan with oil and cook mushrooms over a medium heat for 8 minutes.
2 Spread half the tomatoes over base of baking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets, trimming if necessary. Top with half the mushrooms, half the courgette (or spinach), half the remaining tomatoes and 2 tablespoons ricotta. Cover with another layer of pasta. Top with remaining mushrooms, courgette (or spinach) and tomatoes. Sprinkle with another 2 tablespoons ricotta and top with a final layer of pasta.
3 Whisk remaining ricotta and milk until smooth. Spread over pasta. Sprinkle cheeses over top. Bake for 40 minutes until golden. Serve.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free lasagne sheets, and make sure your canned tomatoes are gluten free.
- Instead of using lasagne sheets, try layering 5mm-thick eggplant slices. Adding fresh basil gives even more flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.