Lemon chicken with veges and quinoa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1/2 cup water
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavoured oil
- 4 cups fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetable mix (eg. capsicum, mushrooms, broccoli and beans)
- 3 spring onions, sliced
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cook quinoa following packet directions in the chicken stock and set aside. Combine lemon juice, honey, cornflour and water in a jug and stir to combine well and make a sauce.
2 Heat a wok or large pan over a high heat. Add oil. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
3 Return all chicken to pan and add vegetables. Add sauce mixture and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spring onions.
4 Serve chicken and vegetables with quinoa. Garnish with extra spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and cornflour are gluten free.