Spicy chicken and chickpeas
(at time of publication)
- Spice mix (pre-made)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 skinless chicken breasts (400g)
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Spicy chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan spice
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved
1 Before going on holiday, make spice mix. Combine all ingredients and store in a sealed container.
2 Cut chicken in bite-sized chunks. Place in a plastic bag with spice mix, lemon juice and oil. Shake to coat evenly with spices. Marinate chicken if you wish by placing bag in the fridge for a few hours.
3 Thread chicken on skewers and barbecue or cook in a pan for 5 minutes until evenly cooked.
4 Place all remaining ingredients in a pan. Cook over a gentle heat until cooked through.
5 Serve chicken with chickpeas and a green salad.
You can make up larger quantities of the spice mix and use it for coatings on corn-on-the-cob and to flavour couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.