Lemongrass seared beef and green pawpaw salad
(at time of publication)
- 500g beef schnitzel, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (we used Garden Gourmet)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- ½ (600g) green pawpawpapayaX, deseeded, peeled, grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine beef, lemongrass paste and garlic in a medium-sized bowl. Place a large frying pan over a high heat or heat a barbecue grill until hot. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the oil and half the beef. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef. Return all beef to pan, add tomatoes and heat through.
2 To make dressing, combine lime juice, remaining oil, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Combine pawpaw, coriander, mint and spring onions in a large bowl then toss through dressing. Serve salad with beef and basmati rice.
- If you can’t find green pawpaw, use grated carrot or courgette, or a mix of the two.
- Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.