Low-FODMAP savoury vegetable frittata
(at time of publication)
- 300g buttercup squash flesh, chopped in small pieces
- 350g carrot, chopped in small pieces
- spray oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic-infused oil
- ½ cup diced capsicum
- 1 bunch spring onions, green tips only sliced
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- generous ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 60ml lactose-free milk
- ½ cup grated fresh reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- pepper, to season
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 250°C. Spray pumpkin and carrot pieces with oil then roast for 20 minutes. While pumpkin and carrot are roasting, heat infused oil in a frying pan and add capsicum, spring onion greens, courgette and spinach, cooking gently until tender. Add basil to vegetables as they cook. Once tender-crisp, remove pan from heat and allow vegetables to cool a little.
2 Line a Swiss-roll pan or slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Spread cooked pumpkin on tray. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and cheddar then season with pepper. Reduce oven temperature to 220°C.
3 Add cooled vegetables to egg mixture then pour over pumpkin in pan. Scatter feta on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve garnished with extra fresh basil (if using).
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information