Low-FODMAP savoury vegetable frittata
(at time of publication)
- 300g buttercup squash flesh, chopped in small pieces
- 350g carrot, chopped in small pieces
- oil spray
- ½ tablespoon garlic-infused oil
- ½ cup diced capsicum
- 1 bunch spring onions, green tips only sliced
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- generous ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 60ml lactose-free milk
- ½ cup grated fresh reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- pepper, to season
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 250°C. Spray pumpkin and carrot pieces with oil then roast for 20 minutes. While pumpkin and carrot are roasting, heat infused oil in a frying pan and add capsicum, spring onion greens, courgette and spinach, cooking gently until tender. Add basil to vegetables as they cook. Once tender-crisp, remove pan from heat and allow vegetables to cool a little.
2 Line a Swiss-roll pan or slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Spread cooked pumpkin on tray. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and cheddar then season with pepper. Reduce oven temperature to 220°C.
3 Add cooled vegetables to egg mixture then pour over pumpkin in pan. Scatter feta on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve garnished with extra fresh basil (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us