Chicken, rice and quinoa salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 250g packets SunRice Steamed Rice Rice & Quinoa
- 400g lean chicken breasts
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, cubed
- 1 avocado, stonepitXd, diced
- 4 tablespoons oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette made with 3 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook rice mix following packet directions. Leave for a few minutes in bag then place in a large salad bowl.
2 Thinly slice chicken. Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
3 Wipe out pan and re-spray with oil. Add eggplant and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning once.
4 Remove and add to rice mix with chicken, avocado, tomatoes, spinach and walnuts. Add dressing and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check dressing is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Pasta, rice and noodle dishes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.