Massaman cauliflower and chickpea curry
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup gluten-free Massaman curry paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup gluten-free, reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 300g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- 4 cups steamed Asian greens, to serve
1 Lightly spray large saucepan with olive oil and set it over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry paste and cinnamon; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add carrots, cook for 1 minute.
2 Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Add cauliflower; simmer, covered, for a further 5–10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
3 Serve curry with steamed rice and Asian greens.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.9g
–Saturated fat 4.9g
Dietary fibre 23.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information