Massaman cauliflower and chickpea curry
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup gluten-free Massaman curry paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup gluten-free, reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 300g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- 4 cups steamed Asian greens, to serve
1 Lightly spray large saucepan with olive oil and set it over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry paste and cinnamon; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add carrots, cook for 1 minute.
2 Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Add cauliflower; simmer, covered, for a further 5–10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
3 Serve curry with steamed rice and Asian greens.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.9g
–Saturated fat 4.9g
Dietary fibre 23.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like