Meatballs with spaghetti
- oil spray
- 1 portion Basic mince ground beefXmix: meatballs (see tip)
- 700g jar passata with garlic and basil
- 200g frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing made with 3 parts balsamic vinegar : 1 part olive oil
1 Bring a saucepan of water to boil for spaghetti. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan with oil spray and cook meatballs until evenly browned in batches.
2 Once browned, return all meatballs to pan. Add passata with spinach and corn. Cook for 10 minutes, tossing meatballs several times to coat evenly.
3 Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain and divide among serving dishes. Top with meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with salad. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder is gluten free and use gluten-free breadcrumbs in Basic mince mix, and use gluten-free pasta.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us