Mediterranean roast vegetable and chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- 800g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm-wide strips
- 2 red onions, cut in wedges
- olive spray oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 420g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup (125ml) low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin, capsicum and onions in a single layer on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and season to taste. Roast in oven, turning once, for 30 minutes, or until tender.
2 Place spinach, roasted vegetables and chickpeas in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss to combine.
3 To make dressing, mix yoghurt and sumac. Set aside.
4 Divide salad between four plates and serve with a dollop of dressing and a crusty roll.
This is a light meal. To make it more substantial, serve salad with grilled steak, chops or fish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.