Coconut chickpea curry with noodles
- 2 tablespoons tikka curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 450g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 450g fresh or frozen cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 200g rice noodles
- ½ bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped, to garnish
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Set a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add curry paste and ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add coconut milk with 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Add kumara and chickpeas. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2 Add cauliflower to frying pan and cover. Simmer curry for 15-20 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof dish, cover with boiling water and cook following packet directions.
4 Divide noodles among serving plates and top with curry. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like