Coconut chickpea curry with noodles
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons tikka curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 450g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 450g fresh or frozen cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 200g rice noodles
- ½ bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped, to garnish
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Set a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add curry paste and ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add coconut milk with 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Add kumara and chickpeas. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2 Add cauliflower to frying pan and cover. Simmer curry for 15-20 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof dish, cover with boiling water and cook following packet directions.
4 Divide noodles among serving plates and top with curry. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.