Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- small (300g) kumara, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 small avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette (see tips)
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Cook kumara for 6-8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Cut into wedges.
2 In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat oil over medium. Cook corn and capsicum, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until capsicum is almost tender. Add kumara, black beans and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
3 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Pour over the bean mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Scatter with half of the coriander leaves. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
4 To serve, top frittata with avocado, chilli and remaining coriander leaves. Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check ground coriander is gluten free.
Balsamic vinaigrette: Make up a week’s worth in a jar using 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us