Mexi vege ragout with crispy potatoes
- 2 medium Agria potatoes, cut in 2cm chunks
- spray oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- ⅓ cup red lentils
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or chopped silver beet
- To garnish
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt or light sour cream
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a pot of water, place potatoes and bring to the boil. Boil for 8 minutes, then drain in a colander. Shake colander to roughen outside of potatoes, then place in a baking dish and spray with oil to coat. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add lentils, 1 cup water, cherry tomatoes, seasoning and soy sauce. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 30 minutes, adding more water if necessary. When lentils are tender, add broccoli and spinach and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve ragout with potatoes, garnished with parsley, a squeeze of lime juice and yoghurt or sour cream.
Make it vegan: Check seasoning is vegan and use soy yoghurt instead.
You could add some of the leftover cooked chicken from Monday’s dinner to this dish.
This dish will make enough ragout to have leftovers for lunch. Serve with brown rice, quinoa or couscous.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.