Minty lamb burger
(at time of publication)
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 450g lamb mince
- ¼ cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper, to season
- To serve
- 4 tablespoons natural low-fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped cucumber
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 Greek flatbreads or tortillas
1 Cook onion in oil until softened. Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
2 Stir in cumin and mint and cook for a few more minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add mince, couscous, parsley and seasoning.
3 Use damp hands to mix together. Shape into 4 x 2cm-thick patties. Grill patties on barbecue hotplate or in a non-stick pan for about 6-7 minutes each side.
4 For the dressing, mix yoghurt, mint, cucumber and onion. To assemble, place patties in flatbread with dressing. Serve with a sprig of mint and salad vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.