Niki’s crockpot lamb curry
- 750g lamb rump chops or fat-trimmed shoulder chops
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons medium-hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 large potato, scrubbed, diced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 2 x 165ml cans light coconut cream (we used Trident
- 1 can water (use coconut cream can)
- 4 cups chopped spinach
1 Trim lamb and cut in 2cm chunks. Brown onion and garlic in a non-stick pan using oil spray.
2 Mix all dry spices together. Place all ingredients into slow cooker. Mix well. Cook on low for 9 hours.
3 Stir in spinach before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice, yoghurt and chutney.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us