Niki’s crockpot lamb curry
Time to make: 9 hrs 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 750g lamb rump chops or fat-trimmed shoulder chops
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons medium-hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 large potato, scrubbed, diced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 2 x 165ml cans light coconut cream (we used Trident
- 1 can water (use coconut cream can)
- 4 cups chopped spinach
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Trim lamb and cut in 2cm chunks. Brown onion and garlic in a non-stick pan using oil spray.
2 Mix all dry spices together. Place all ingredients into slow cooker. Mix well. Cook on low for 9 hours.
3 Stir in spinach before serving.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice, yoghurt and chutney.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us