(at time of publication)
- 450g rump steak, trimmed
- 3 kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- spray oil
- 1 cup salt-reduced liquid vegetable stock (made with 2 teaspoons salt-reduced vegetable stock powder and 1 cup boiling water)
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 cups silver beet
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place meat in freezer (to help with slicing). Meanwhile, place kumara in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with sesame oil then spray with oil. Toss lightly. Cook for 40 minutes or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, mix stock, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a deep frying pan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat then add onion. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3 Slice beef as thinly as possible and add to pan. Cook for a few minutes until meat is opaque. Remove and sprinkle with pickled ginger, spring onions and chilli (if using).
4 Add silver beet to stock and cook for 2 minutes until just wilted. Serve beef over kumara and silver beet. Spoon over reserved liquid. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and soy sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.