Mixed mushroom soup
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock (or use chicken stock if you prefer)
- 2 cups water
- 8 thin slices French bread
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Gently fry onion in pan for 2 minutes, then add garlic, mushrooms and potato. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2 Add stock and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potato is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth.
3 Sprinkle bread with cheese. Grill for 1-2 minutes, until melted.
4 Reheat soup in a clean saucepan, stirring until hot. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve topped with toast and thyme.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.9g
Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 4.1g
For a stronger mushroom flavour, add a few dried porcini mushrooms (soak them in warm water first).
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us