Mixed mushroom soup
(at time of publication)
- cooking spray oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock (or use chicken stock if you prefer)
- 2 cups water
- 8 thin slices French bread
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Gently fry onion in pan for 2 minutes, then add garlic, mushrooms and potato. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2 Add stock and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potato is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth.
3 Sprinkle bread with cheese. Grill for 1-2 minutes, until melted.
4 Reheat soup in a clean saucepan, stirring until hot. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve topped with toast and thyme.
For a stronger mushroom flavour, add a few dried porcini mushrooms (soak them in warm water first).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.9g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 4.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.