Mum’s fish parcels
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 x 125g fresh fish fillets such as hake or tarakihi
- 4 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup trim milk
- 4 corn sweetcornXcobs
1 Preheat oven to 200.C (or 180.C fan-forced). Cut potatoes and carrots in very thin slices (you can use a vegetable peeler to create long thin slices).
2 Cut 4 tinfoil squares, about 15cm x 15cm. Arrange potato and carrot slices on each square. Sprinkle with oregano. Arrange fish fillets on top. Cover with 1 spinach leaf.
3 To make each fish parcel, raise the four corners of tinfoil square, pour in 1/4 cup milk then twist corners to seal. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve with corn or a salad if you prefer.
- Kale is a good substitute for spinach.
- Experiment with kumara slices instead of potato.
- For a creamier dish, use light coconut cream.
- To reduce the oven time to 15 minutes, pre-cook potato and carrot slices in the microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Fresh salmon works beautifully in this recipe but it’s more expensive.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us