Mushroom noodle stir-fry with fried egg
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 x 200g packets pad Thai noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 300g mixed mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ground white pepper, to season
- small handful fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- red chilli, finely sliced, to serve
- 2 fried eggs, to serve
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
- In a large bowl, add noodles and cover with boiling water. Set aside 5 minutes, then drain.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat peanut oil over a high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender and most of the juices have evaporated.
- Add noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and rice vinegar. Continue to cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Season with white pepper and stir through coriander.
- Serve topped with remaining coriander, chilli and an egg.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse delicious recipes with a vegan option. Easy meal ideas for those following a vegan diet. Breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Make it vegan: Omit eggs and check noodles are vegan.
Author: Emma Galloway -
Photographer: Melanie Jenkins
First published: Jul 20172019-04-30 14:37:45
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited