Frying pan baked eggs with harissa and silver beet
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can no-added-salt four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 4 large silver beet leaves, white stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 4 eggs
- ¹/³ cup roasted skinless hazelnuts, chopped, to serve
- ¹/³ cup shaved parmesan, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1 Spray a 24cm non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until soft. Stir in harissa paste and garlic.
2 Add tomatoes, stock and four-bean mix. Bring to the boil. Stir in silver beet and simmer for 3 minutes.
3 Using the back of a big spoon, make four indents in the mixture. Crack an egg into each indent. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking. Serve sprinkled with hazelnuts, parmesan and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check harissa and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information