Frying pan baked eggs with harissa and silver beet
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can no-added-salt four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 4 large silver beet leaves, white stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 4 eggs
- ¹/³ cup roasted skinless hazelnuts, chopped, to serve
- ¹/³ cup shaved parmesan, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Spray a 24cm non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until soft. Stir in harissa paste and garlic.
2 Add tomatoes, stock and four-bean mix. Bring to the boil. Stir in silver beet and simmer for 3 minutes.
3 Using the back of a big spoon, make four indents in the mixture. Crack an egg into each indent. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking. Serve sprinkled with hazelnuts, parmesan and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check harissa and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.