Crunchy kumara and cashew salad
(at time of publication)
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 ½ cups (3-4 stalks) chopped celery
- ½ cup roasted cashews, peanuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
1 Peel kumara and cut in 2-3cm dice. Cook until tender either by microwaving on high (100%) in a covered container for 7-10 minutes or by boiling gently, draining then leaving to cool to room temperature.
2 While kumara cooks prepare dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
3 In a large bowl place cooled kumara and the remaining salad ingredients (reserving a little coriander to use as a garnish). Pour in dressing then toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4 Serve garnished with reserved coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us