Crunchy sweet potato and cashew salad
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 ½ cups (3-4 stalks) chopped celery
- ½ cup roasted cashews, peanuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated zest of orange
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
1 Peel kumara and cut in 2-3cm dice. Cook until tender either by microwaving on high (100%) in a covered container for 7-10 minutes or by boiling gently, draining then leaving to cool to room temperature.
2 While kumara cooks prepare dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
3 In a large bowl place cooled kumara and the remaining salad ingredients (reserving a little coriander to use as a garnish). Pour in dressing then toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4 Serve garnished with reserved coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Kumara, sweet potato recipes