Potato and kumara mini pizzas
- 1 very large potato, sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 very large kumarasweet-potatoX, sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ x 290g can tomato puree
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 8 small button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs or 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Evenly spread potato and kumara slices in a single layer on prepared tray (don’t use pointy ends). Drizzle over olive oil. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes until starting to soften. Remove and set aside to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine garlic and tomato puree.
- When potato and kumara bases are cool enough to handle, dollop 1 teaspoonful of purée mixture on each base. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Layer on onion slices, corn kernels and mushrooms. Sprinkle over herbs and cheese. Finish with tomato halves.
- Slide tray back into oven and cook for another 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden and the bases are cooked through.
- To serve, divide evenly among plates and cut in half or quarters to make wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
Make it vegan: Use a vegan mozzarella.
Did you know? According to Guinness World Records, the largest pizza ever made had a surface area of 1,261.65m². The pizza was created in Italy in 2012.
Get a slice of the action when it comes to pizza dough twirling, with this impressive YouTube video!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us