Olive, thyme and tomato muffins
Time to make: 35 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (polenta)
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pimento olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 1/3 cups trim milk
- 100g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity muffin pan with cooking oil.
2 Combine the flour and cornmeal in a large bowl.
3 Add the cheese, tomato, olives and thyme and stir to combine.
4 Pour in the milk, spread and eggs and stir until just combined (do not over-mix).
5 Divide mixture between prepared pan holes. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Make it gluten free: use gluten free self-raising flour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us