Lamb with olives, spiced cauliflower and potatoes
(at time of publication)
- ½ cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 (300g) Agria potatoes, diced in 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pinch salt
- spray oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic chives
- 250g lamb mince
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock (or miso, made with 1 teaspoon miso paste to ½ cup water)
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon-infused or plain olive oil, to serve
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place cauliflower and potatoes in a baking paper-lined baking dish, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the cumin, 1 teaspoon of the paprika, and salt. Spray with oil and roast for 30 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add carrots, garlic, garlic chives, remaining cumin, and remaining paprika and cook for 5 minutes. Add lamb mince and cook until browned, stirring to break up mince. Add stock or miso and 1/2 cup of water and cook for another 5-8 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add olives, chilli flakes, rocket, lemon zest and juice and mix until rocket wilts. Serve lamb with cauliflower and potatoes, drizzled with olive oil and yoghurt, if using, and garnished with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and stock (or miso) are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $116. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.