One-pot chicken pilaf
(at time of publication)
- 125g boneless chicken thigh
- spray oil
- ¼ onion or 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- ¼ cup basmati or long-grain rice
- ⅔ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- ½ cup water or wine
- 1 carrot, scrubbed, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen spinach
1 Cut chicken in chunks. Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray and cook onion until softened. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 more minutes to brown meat.
2 Stir in curry paste and rice and cook for 1 minute.
3 Add stock, water, carrot and mixed vegetables. Bring to the boil then lower heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for 5 more minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice, tender. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste and chicken stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.