Stir-fried honey chicken
- 150g dried egg noodles
- ¼ cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- spray oil
- 400g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 200g green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- ¼ small head green cabbage, trimmed, shredded
1 Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain well and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, mix stock, honey, hoisin and cornflour in a small jug. Set aside.
3 Spray a wok with oil and place over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Return wok to a high heat. Add garlic, carrot and 1 tablespoon water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add beans and corn then stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add cabbage and stir-fry until wilted.
4 Return chicken to wok and add reserved noodles and sauces. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until well combined, sauce has thickened slightly and noodles are heated through.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles instead of egg noodles. Use gluten-free hoisin sauce. Check stock and cornflour are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like