Piri piri chicken with Spanish-style rice
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 125g chicken breasts
- ½ cup piri piri marinade
- 3 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), finely chopped
- 2 x 250g pouches microwaveable brown rice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to form 2 small fillets. Place in a large bowl with marinade and turn to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate or spray a grill pan with olive oil and set over a high heat. Cook courgette for 1–2 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to serving plates.
- Reheat barbecue or same grill pan over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook onion and capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until golden and tender. Add brown rice and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in coriander. Serve chicken with rice and courgette.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika and peri peri marinade are gluten free.
Marinated chicken is suitable to freeze.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information