Piri piri tofu kebabs with couscous
- 12 short wooden skewers
- 3 teaspoons finely grated zest of lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 350g firm tofu, drained, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 2 large courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in rounds
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- spray oil
- To serve
- 3 cups steamed couscous
- ¼ cup reduced-fat tzatziki
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ lemon, cut in 4 wedges
1 To make marinade, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, chilli flakes and turmeric in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add tofu cubes and stir to coat. Cover dish and leave to marinate for 1 hour. Soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
2 Drain tofu of excess marinade, reserving marinade. Thread tofu, courgettes, mushrooms, capsicum and onion alternately onto prepared skewers.
3 Preheat a large grill pan or frying pan over a medium–high heat. Spray kebabs with olive oil and grill, turning and brushing kebabs with reserved marinade, for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred and just tender.
4 Serve kebabs with a side of couscous, tzatziki, spinach and a lemon wedge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like