Piri piri tofu kebabs with couscousReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 12 short wooden skewers
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 350g firm tofu, drained, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in rounds
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- oil spray
- To serve
- 3 cups steamed couscous
- ¼ cup reduced-fat tzatziki
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ lemon, cut in 4 wedges
1 To make marinade, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, chilli flakes and turmeric in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add tofu cubes and stir to coat. Cover dish and leave to marinate for 1 hour. Soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
2 Drain tofu of excess marinade, reserving marinade. Thread tofu, courgettes, mushrooms, capsicum and onion alternately onto prepared skewers.
3 Preheat a large grill pan or frying pan over a medium–high heat. Spray kebabs with olive oil and grill, turning and brushing kebabs with reserved marinade, for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred and just tender.
4 Serve kebabs with a side of couscous, tzatziki, spinach and a lemon wedge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information