Poached salmon, pasta and pea salad with mustard dressingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1.5L (6 cups) water
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 2 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- 250g wholegrain penne pasta
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, sliced (see tip)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, sliced (or 1 ½ cups sliced green beans)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 100g baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- cracked black pepper, to serve
1 In a medium saucepan bring water and lemon slices to the boil over a medium heat. Add salmon, cover and remove pan from heat. Set aside to poach for 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Roughly flake salmon in large pieces.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente (or according to packet instructions), adding sugar snaps, snow peas and asparagus for last minute of cooking time. Rinse pasta and vegetables under cold running water and drain.
3 In a large bowl combine pasta, vegetables, salmon, dill and spinach. Whisk together mustard, ginger, lemon juice, oil and honey. Add to salad and gently toss to combine. Season with pepper and serve.
- Use only sugar snaps or only snow peas if the other is unavailable.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check mustard is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information