Pork and bean taco salad
- oil spray
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicums, roughly chopped
- 4 lean pork steaks (about 120g each), chopped in cubes
- 400g can spicy beans
- 6 corn sweetcornXtaco shells
- 6 cups mesclun salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup grated edam cheese
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Fry onion and capsicums until softened and lightly browned. Add pork to pan. Fry until cooked through then add beans. Bring to a simmer.
2 Bake taco shells following packet directions.
3 Divide mesclun and tomatoes among plates, top with pork and bean mix, crush some tacos on top and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check tacos and spicy beans are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us