Pork and bean taco salad
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicums, roughly chopped
- 4 lean pork steaks (about 120g each), chopped in cubes
- 400g can spicy beans
- 6 corn sweetcornXtaco shells
- 6 cups mesclun salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup grated edam cheese
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Fry onion and capsicums until softened and lightly browned. Add pork to pan. Fry until cooked through then add beans. Bring to a simmer.
2 Bake taco shells following packet directions.
3 Divide mesclun and tomatoes among plates, top with pork and bean mix, crush some tacos on top and sprinkle with cheese.
Make it gluten free: Check tacos and spicy beans are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.