Pork, broccoli and almond stir-fry
- 350g pork strips
- 4 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, cut in strips lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 180g broccoli, cut into florets (around 2 cups, chopped)
- 1 courgettezucchiniX, cut in half lengthwise, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted
- steamed rice to serve
1 Coat the pork strips in the cornflour. Place oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and pork strips and cook for 3-5 minutes, until brown. Remove and keep warm.
2 Add the spring onions, ginger, broccoli and courgette to the wok. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the ginger becomes fragrant. Add the orange juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3 Stir in the pork, chilli sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, tossing well to combine. Stir through the almonds. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Try cooking pork as you would beef or lamb − it's perfectly safe to eat cooked pork that's slightly pink in the middle.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.7g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 3.8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like