Spicy ginger pork with crispy lettuce cups
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced (some green slices reserved, to garnish)
- 1 small (120g) kumarasweet-potatoX, diced small
- 150g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste (we used gochujang)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup prepared slaw mix (without dressing)
- 6 baby cos lettuce leaves
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce, to garnish
- sesame or pumpkin seeds
- sliced fresh chilli, to garnish
1 In a heavy-based pan, heat half the sesame oil over medium-high. Add garlic, ginger, spring onion and kumara. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2 Add pork mince and cook, stirring to break up mince, for 5 minutes. Add chilli paste and a dash of hot water. Mix well. Add wine and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
3 Add slaw to pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
4 To serve, divide pork mixture among lettuce cups. Sprinkle with soy sauce, seeds, chilli, remaining sesame oil and reserved spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like