Spicy ginger pork with crispy lettuce cups
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced (some green slices reserved, to garnish)
- 1 small (120g) kumarasweet-potatoX, diced small
- 150g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste (we used gochujang)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup prepared slaw mix (without dressing)
- 6 baby cos lettuce leaves
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce, to garnish
- sesame or pumpkin seeds
- sliced fresh chilli, to garnish
1 In a heavy-based pan, heat half the sesame oil over medium-high. Add garlic, ginger, spring onion and kumara. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2 Add pork mince and cook, stirring to break up mince, for 5 minutes. Add chilli paste and a dash of hot water. Mix well. Add wine and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
3 Add slaw to pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
4 To serve, divide pork mixture among lettuce cups. Sprinkle with soy sauce, seeds, chilli, remaining sesame oil and reserved spring onions.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us