Prawn, snow pea and Asian mushroom risotto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups liquid gluten-free salt-reduced chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g assorted Asian mushrooms such as shiitake and oyster, wiped clean, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, wiped clean, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- oil spray
- 400g peeled large king prawns, halved lengthways
- 150g snow peas or 150g green beans, trimmed, finely sliced
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Pour stock into a medium-sized saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and keep at a gentle simmer.
2 Heat half of the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan set over a high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Add remaining olive oil, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
3 Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is evenly coated in oil. Add sherry and simmer for 30 seconds. Return half of the mushrooms to pan, reserving remaining mushrooms, and start adding stock, 1 ladleful at a time. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until stock has almost completely evaporated, before adding the next ladleful (adding all of the stock takes about 20 minutes).
4 Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook prawns in batches for 2 minutes or until pink and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
5 Finish adding stock and check rice is tender. Add remaining mushrooms, reserved prawns and snow peas (or green beans). Stir to combine. Remove risotto from heat, cover and leave to stand for 2-3 minutes then serve immediately.