Broccoli and courgette frittata with roasted capsicum relish
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX, to serve
- Roasted capsicum relish
- 150g diced roasted red capsicum
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a 16cm x 26cm baking tin then line with baking paper.
2 Place quinoa and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan set over a high heat. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 12 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all water. Remove pan from heat and leave to cool.
3 Place broccoli in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave for 1 minute until tender-crisp.
4 Whisk eggs and ricotta in a large bowl. Stir cooked quinoa and broccoli into egg mixture with courgettes, all chopped herbs and lemon zest.
5 Pour vegetable mixture into prepared baking tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until frittata sets and surface is puffy and golden.
6 Mix all relish ingredients together in a small bowl.
7 Cut frittata in slices, top with relish and baby rocket then serve (warm or cold).
This tangy relish also adds punch to grilled lamb, steak, chicken and tofu.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information