Pumpkin, herbed cream cheese and spinach cob loaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 cups 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup light spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 large wholemeal cob loaf
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 250g oil-free roasted red capsicum, thickly sliced
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. On a tray lined with baking paper, place pumpkin. Spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with cumin. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and chives. In a separate bowl, place chickpeas. Mash, leaving some texture.
- Cut the top third off the cob loaf and reserve. Scoop out the centre, leaving a 2cm-thick shell. Spread inside of cob shell and lid with cream cheese mixture.
- Place pumpkin at the bottom of the cob and gently mash. Add half of the spinach. Top with pesto, capsicum, chickpeas and the remaining spinach.
- Wrap cob loaf tightly in plastic wrap. Place between two plates and lay a heavy object on top to compress filling. Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, place lid on the cob loaf and slice into wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check cumin is gluten free.
Before serving, try placing the cob loaf in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes, or until crust is warm and crisp.
Turn the centre of the cob loaf into breadcrumbs for later use.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us