Quorn korma with wilted spinach and rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 250g Quorn pieces or mince
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra to garnish
- 250g pack microwaveable rice and quinoa
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 20g
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and capsicum and cook until softened. Add curry powder and cook for 2 minutes. Add Quorn and toss to coat.
- Add cherry tomatoes, coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Stir coriander through curry. Heat rice according to pack directions.
- To serve, divide rice and curry between 2 bowls, and garnish with extra coriander.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Author: Sarah Swain -
Photographer: Melanie Jenkins
First published: Jan 20182017-12-19 13:37:15
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited